Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back in Business!

As I'm sure you've noticed, I've been M.I.A. for about a month.  I won't bore you with the details, but I've moved and been without a computer & internet...until now.  So, I'm BACK IN BUSINESS!  To catch you up on my artsy fartsy shananagans...

I just completed a painting entitled "Compassion", (see my previous post or latest photo on facebook), and I am entering it in a competition...the "Cannon Art Gallery's Juried Biennial" competition to be exact.  The Cannon Gallery is a local gallery located in Carlsbad, CA.  There are a lot of talented artist in this area, but I think I have a good chance!  I'm very happy with the way my painting turned out, and I'm hoping for the best!  :)   Just in case you missed it, here's a photo of "Compassion." 


"Compassion"
1' wide x 3' tall
Acrylic & Paint Pen on Canvas
$300
 I will be dropping off my entry for the competition today.  In addition to a cash prize, the judges will be picking 4 artists to feature in the gallery, beginning in January 2011.  The judges will notify winners on Decemeber 10, 2010.  Wish me luck!

The painting "Compassion" will be available for purchase after the competition has ended or 12.10.10, depending on if it is chosen for the exhibit.  This would make an amazing X-mas gift for someone you love! :)

1 comment: